Michael Kors is always interested in hearing from talented, globally-minded individuals with a passion for fashion.
If you enjoy working in a creative, fast-paced environment, then we would love to hear from you!
JOB DESCRIPTION- SALES SUPERVISOR
Job Title: Sales Supervisor
Reports to: Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager
MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
To achieve personal and store sales goals, and to develop lasting client relationships. To provide staff supervision and guidance, complying with all company policies, procedures and directives. To ensure the highest level of customer service standards are maintained at all times.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Meet personal and store sales goals
• Continue to develop personal sales techniques and assist in the development of associates’ sales techniques to maximize sales
• Utilize elevated levels of sales and service to maximize sales performance
• Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the merchandise
• After closing a sale, monitor all details including: shipping, alterations (if applicable), and special requests to ensure customer satisfaction
• Ensure all sales related policies and procedures are maintained
• Maintain a keen interest in the fashion industry and market trends
• Support and encourage staff to provide the highest level of customer service
• Build and maintain repeat clientele by utilizing personal client book and assisting staff with utilizing their client books
• Resolve all client problems and complaints quickly and effectively, ensuring client satisfaction
• Assist sales associates with various customer service issues (i.e. dissatisfied customer, returns, defective merchandise)
• Collaborate with store manager in areas of risk management, physical security, store cash controls, and inventory management
• Assist in the training of sales staff in all areas of appropriate register usage and maintenance
• Understand and properly execute all management register functions
• Assist in all areas of stock, shipping, receiving protocol/policies, procedures, and all shipping/ receiving related paperwork
• Participate in inventories
• Ensure the selling floor is neat, organized, stocked and reflects the correct visual image at all times
• Assist in the implementation and maintenance of all merchandising/ visual directives
• Ensure deliveries are properly processed in a timely manner
• Identify product concerns in a timely manner
• Communicate inventory needs to support the business goal
• Ensure image and grooming standards are professional and reflective of the brand image, at all times
• Adhere to work schedule, inclusive of time and attendance
• Support and assist in follow-up for all training programs and seminars
Minimum 2 years specialty retail experience
JOB DESCRIPTION- SALES SUPERVISOR
Full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging, not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning, seizes more opportunities than others.
Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant, and gracious; is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others; build rapport well; is a good listener; is an early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it.
Is cool under pressure, does not become defensive and irritated when times are tough, is considered mature and can be counted on to hold things together during tough times, can handle stress, is not knocked off balance by the unexpected, is a settling influence in a crises.
Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value added in brainstorming sessions.
Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with the customer in mind, establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Drive for Results
Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Integrity and Trust
Is widely trusted, is seen as a direct truthful individual, can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidences, admits mistakes, doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
Relates well to all kinds of people, up down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
Learning on the Fly/ Versatility
Learns quickly when facing new problems, a relentless versatile learner; open to change, analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement, will try anything to find solutions, enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks, quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person’s hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers other; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/ her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
Knows personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and limits; seeks feedback; gains insights from mistakes; is open to criticism; isn’t defensive; is receptive to talking about shortcomings; looks forward to balanced (+’s and –‘s) performance reviews and career decisions.