CSA Group has an immediate opportunity for a Project Manager, Standards Development, Mechanical and Industrial Equipment within the Construction and Infrastructure sector.
The Project Manager will be responsible for a portfolio of standards in areas such as elevators and escalators. In this challenging and rewarding role, you will facilitate the development of these leading-edge standards and codes by enabling technical discussions and promoting consensus amongst key stakeholders, while interacting with industry experts, manufacturers, Provincial and Territorial regulators, scientists as well as government officials. Developed by volunteer members through an accredited process, CSA Group standards are used by a broad base of stakeholders to help enhance safety and sustainability for people and business.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Committee management and leadership, including establishing the scope of work to be completed, managing required resources, and providing ongoing project management leadership in conjunction with the Chair and Vice-Chair of the committee;
Ensure deliverables are achieved on-time and within budget.
Work with committee leadership to manage and recruit committee members;
Convening in-person and virtual committee meetings;
Manage the development of technical content and work with committee members to prepare high quality documents;
Identify, develop, secure, and drive new business opportunities (e.g. identify new standards requirements or training and education potential, and develop proposals);
Ensure appropriate coordination takes place with other departments within the company that are involved with the development and publication of a standard or other business opportunities; and
Participate on occasional ad-hoc internal task groups (eg. related to business or process improvement, research, etc.);
Education and Experience:
A degree or diploma required in a field related to mechanical/industrial, construction, civil infrastructure, building technology, project management, business/management and/or climate change adaptation.
A technical, engineering or advanced degree would be an asset.
Minimum 5 years’ experience in standards development and/or project management in any of the following fields:
- Mechanical and industrial;
- Construction and civil infrastructure;
- Building technology; and/or
- Climate change adaptation.
Experience writing proposals and business plans would be an asset.
Knowledge of the standards industry, government policy, and the industry landscape would be an asset.
• Excellent people skills: managing relationships, facilitating and networking with people at all levels with divergent interests, backgrounds and goals;
• Ability to successfully negotiate with stakeholders in challenging and demanding situations;
• Highly developed oral and written communication skills;
• Excellent project management, organizational and planning skills. Detail and process oriented;
• Strong leadership and decision-making skills;
• High degree of self-motivation, resilience, adaptability and flexibility;
• Demonstrated ability to be a team player and build capacity of peers; and
• Strong computer skills (word processing, presentation software, project planning software, spreadsheets, etc.).
An ability to travel (up to 15%) within Canada and the U.S. will be required.