Package Handler- Warehouse
Barrie, Ontario, CA
Company: FedEx Ground PH Canada
Category: Transportation and Material Moving Occupations
Published on 2021-11-29T19:04:29.000000Z
Position Title: Package Handler- Warehouse
FedEx Ground is an essential business that needs people to help us support the economy, handling life-saving medications and other items that keep our communities as prepared as possible during these uncertain times.
FedEx Ground will continue to hire for essential positions like this one.
FedEx Ground is hiring individuals to load and unload packages for shifts of approximately 2-4 hours in our fast paced warehouse environment. Package Handlers are responsible for warehouse duties including: the physical loading, unloading and/or sorting of packages of varying sizes and weights by hand, including lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying, scanning, placing packages, as well as physical bending, twisting, kneeling and etc. in a safe and efficient manner. Shifts may vary depending on warehouse package volume and business needs.
Package Handlers will receive a competitive hourly rate and are eligible for an attractive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, vacation, holiday pay and tuition assistance after completion of an eligibility period of three (3) months. Flexible schedules may be available at some of our locations and can be discussed during the hiring process.
Individuals who are interested in starting their journey with FedEx Ground must be at least 18 years of age and will be required to watch a virtual job preview before moving forward with the employment application process.
Reasonable accommodations are available through the application process.
Zip Code: L4N 8M5
Domicile Location: FXG-CAN/CAN/Q6129/Barre
Additional Sort Observation Info
Weekend Surge - $2.50
Surge Pay - $1 (10/3/21-1/15/22)
Hiring for the morning/evening shift
• Saturdays and Sunday are required based on operation needs.
• You will be given a 5 day work schedule (Mon through Sun)
• No public transportation on this route
Working for FedEx Ground entitles you to numerous benefits! You are eligible for some benefits on your hire date, other benefits become available gradually once you have reached certain months of service.
• You become eligible to redeem $5,250 in tuition reimbursement upon hire (does not apply if hired seasonal) This can be used toward things like tuition, books, and course fees.
• After 90 days you will be eligible for company funded health, dental and vision coverage provided by Manulife Financial
• After 6 months of employment, you can use accrued vacation days for paid time off.