S3 Group Ltd. is currently recruiting for a Junior Accountant to join our team at our offices in Swift Current, SK. This is a full-time position starting immediately.
Since 1966, our company has been designing and building specialized equipment, products, and custom components for end-users and other manufacturers around the world. We know that being a great place to work means far more than getting paid. S3 fosters a respectful, teamwork environment where ideas are valued and everyone contributes with significance.
The ideal candidate should have strong analytical skills with well-rounded overall experience in accounting. The Junior Accountant plays a key role in cost accounting, variance analysis, account reconciliations, and monthly journal entries. The job also centers on assisting with financial statement preparation, budgeting, GST/PST returns, receivables, and payables. This is great fit for someone looking to looking to join a dynamic and growing organization where they can have a positive impact on the team around them.
Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Assist with the preparation, analysis and verification of accounting records, financial statements and reports
- Prepare monthly journal entries
- Perform monthly General Ledger reconciliations
- Process and pay vendor invoices in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure that all transactions are kept current, recorded accurately, and processed efficiently
- Complete and submit GST and PST returns
- Monthly financial statements and analysis, including budget vs actual analysis
- Cost and production accounting, including monthly standard cost variance analysis, analysis of inventory and overhead allocation
- Cash flow management, including forecasts and analysis.
- Assist in preparing budgets and forecasts
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline or an equivalent combination of related experience and education
- Enrollment in CPA program considered an asset
- 2+ years of accounting experience in an accounting or financial management role
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Impeccable analytical and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to ask critical questions, verify data, and follow instructions
- Proficiency with accounting software, MRP or ERP systems, as well as Microsoft Office Suite, including higher level skills in Word, Excel and Outlook