Delaware North is seeking to add a Data Architect to the Enterprise Architecture team. The Data Architect will support data service to implement and drive industry best practices for data ingestion, modeling, structure, and storage with optimal data processing throughput results. You will operate in collaboration with developers, architects, data experts and key stakeholders, ultimately driving key insights for the business.
This is a growing team that enables Delaware North's vision of using data as a differentiator. Our work is the foundation of company initiatives to automate business processes, gather insights, and make informed decisions. The team uses PaaS solutions and Open Source software to aggregate, process, catalog and distribute large data sets to the company, our clients and partners. Users of the platform range from NASA to several MLB, NBA, NHL, and NFL teams.
We are open to a remote candidate, though occasional travel to our Global Headquarters in Buffalo, NY will be required.
Per city, state, or client mandate, all current and new hires at this location are required to have received an authorized COVID 19 vaccination. You will be asked to confirm this prior to receiving a job offer.
At Delaware North, we care about our associates. We are committed to invest in our people's personal and professional journeys, without you, there is no us. These are just some of the benefits we offer: health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with company match, performance bonuses, paid vacation days and holidays, and generous friends-and-family discounts at many of our hotels and resorts. Click here to learn more.
Compensation will range from $130k - 160k depending on experience. Generous bonus and benefits offering as well.
- Design and implement project-based solutions requiring data support
- Troubleshoot data issues across multiple data sources in a distributed environment
- Develop requirements and design for database solutions to store and retrieve company information
- Support alignment of data definitions, policies, governance, and enforcement of enterprise business rules for data
- Interface with clients, vendors, and internal users of the data platform on understanding the data
- Work closely with the business to identify and specify opportunities for integration with existing systems in a highly resilient mannee
- Contributes to knowledge base
- Works with data engineering team to identify platform enhancements for increased supportability and reliability
- Bachelor's degree is preferred, plus 5 - 7 years of related experience is required.
- Technical requirements:
- Working knowledge of data structures and formats such as JSON and XML
- Working knowledge of data modeling techniques - conceptual, logical, and physical models, including experience with leveraging industry reference models
- Assist with design of MDM, data warehousing, ETL/integration, data lakes, and other data related technologies
- Familiarity with cloud computing, analysis, design, and implementation experience (preferably related to Amazon Web Services - S3, Athena, EMR, RDS and Lake Formation)
- Familiarity with, or ability to quickly learn data discovery techniques across a wide variety of platforms (text based, SQL, NoSQL, Web APIs)
- Familiarity with RESTful Web Services, ETL, ESB, and microservices
- Familiarity with data mapping and transformation techniques
- Familiarity with issue management and collaboration tools (such as JIRA, Confluence, git)
- Experience with metadata management and data catalog tools
- Knowledge across various data domains – product, supplier, customer, employee, finance
- Strong communication skills - take complex concepts and adapt messaging to various stakeholders
- Utilize influence and a consensus building approach to decision making
- Ability to drive and deliver project, product, and enterprise roadmaps
- Able to take a big-picture, long-term view on evolving our data architecture, while contributing to tactical outcomes
- Previous experience working within a data governance structure
- Ability to interface with Tableau and Power BI
You must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the US without restrictions or sponsorship. No C2C please.