Connected Home Tech Lvl1
Our Connected Home team is proud to offer our customers seamless and simple technology that fits into any lifestyle. Our fibre network supports millions of customers with high-speed Internet, TV, and Smart Home Monitoring to keep Canadians connected to the people and things that matter most. We know that our customers rely on us to provide them reliable connectivity, that is why we have made a commitment to providing the fastest and most consistent network in the areas we serve.
We are growing our Connected Home team and are looking for team members that are collaborative, digital-first, fast-moving, bold-thinking, and focused on delivering impact in everything they do. Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada.
Let's make your possible at Rogers.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity:
- Diagnose and/or correct all technical problems (Hi-Speed Internet, Legacy and Ignite and Rogers Home Phone and TPIA) to the satisfaction of the customer and in accordance with company specifications.
- Reconnect/disconnect equipment and/or services as per company standards and procedures.
- Ensure that communication with customers, other departments and peers is done in a professional manner.
- Maintain strong customer relations through daily contact with customers.
- Install new services, extra outlets and equipment in domestic dwellings, apartments and commercial buildings.
- Complete installation/service work. (e.g., rewires, fishing, drop replacements and/or temps)
- Promote Rogers product and services.
- Complete accurate documentation pertaining to installations, service and sales activity.
- Assist Managers in reducing departmental costs through efficiencies and improved productivity.
- Learn, adhere and participate with all applicable Health & Safety regulations, both legislatively mandated, and as outlined in company policy.
- Adhere to annual set objectives.
- Minimum grade 12 education.
- Valid driver's license in good standing is required.
- Proficient in MS Suite of products
- Electronics Technician Certificate or Diploma would be a definite asset.
- Knowledge and experience with Smart Home Monitoring and Smart Home Automate is an asset
- Must have experience in basic computer trouble shooting.
- Must have experience with all current computer operating systems.
- Must have experience with home network setup and trouble shooting.
- Must be able to handle all physical aspects of the job, which include lifting/moving heavy equipment (approx. 80 lbs) and climbing ladders/poles at heights up to 30+ ft.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills coupled with excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work shifts, weekends, and overtime, as required.
- Must be willing to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Previous sales experience would be an asset.
- Circuit switch and Cat 5/6 wiring knowledge would be an asset.