As a Tax Analyst, you will be assisting the Director, Canadian Tax on all aspects of the tax compliance and tax reporting for the Canadian entities of CGI.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Prepare tax returns (T2, T3 and T5013), as well as other tax forms (T4A-NR, NR4).
• Assist with the calculation of the quarterly tax provision (income tax accounting) and return-to-provision adjustments.
• Assist with tax audits for both Corporate and Sales Tax.
• Coordinate mail and correspondence from Government (NOA’s, request of information, etc.).
• Calculate tax instalments and prepare payment requests.
• Review and reconcile the GL tax accounts.
• Prepare journal entries as required.
• Participate in special projects.
• Assist with ad hoc requests.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor in Accounting or Business Administration.
• Hold an accounting designation, an asset.
• CPA in-depth tax courses or equivalent (obtained or in the process of obtaining), an asset.
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant accounting and taxation experience.
• Basic knowledge of Canadian tax (Corporate and indirect tax).
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French and in English.
• Knowledge of tax filing software such as Corporate Taxprep and Taxprep Forms.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at cgi.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.