- Hamilton, ON
- Full-time permanent role (Monday to Friday, 8 am – 4 pm)
- Previous technical sales experience an asset
- Positive and relaxed team environment, offering learning and growth opportunities and an established customer base
- Enjoy an independent role with stable, reputable, and successful company
You know better than anyone how the perfect blend of technical knowledge and people skills can lead to exceptional success.
Now imagine what you could do, and the success you could have, with the backing of a well-established company who specialize in your area of expertise?
We’re Eastflo Industrial Sales Inc. and provide specialized sales and service of rotating equipment and mechanical seals, servicing diverse industries including steel, chemical, marine and many more.
We’re currently looking for a new Technical Sales Representative, and we hope our search ends with you.
Technical Sales Representative
In this position, you will provide industrial pump sales and technical support to a wide, well-established customer base involving steel, petroleum, chemical, marine and many other diverse industries.
Most of your time will be spent on supporting existing customers, with a smaller portion of your time focusing on new business development. You’ll manage all of the day-to-day activities for your accounts (sales and service) and make use of your extensive knowledge of industrial pump and mechanical seals applications daily.
Practically speaking, here’s some of what you’ll be doing:
- Call on all house account customers as necessary and manage all sales related activities, including sizing applications, sourcing and quoting of equipment, and creating equipment orders for customers
- Portray a professional business-like manner to all customers
- Maintain all contracts and marketing plans with currant vendors
- Provide reporting as needed to our suppliers and manufacturers
- Technically support customers and in house staff as required
- Travel within Southern Ontario and the Niagara region to visit client sites as needed
- Identify, meet with, and close new customers
Working with Eastflo
Over the last 35+ years, our employees have come to know us as a company that looks after its people. Many of our employees have been with us for 10+ years, 20+ years, and some even 30+ years – we think that says a lot. In addition to providing a positive, flexible, and relaxed working environment, we make it our goal to show our employees appreciation and recognize their contributions.
As part of our team, here’s what else you can expect:
- Monday to Friday schedule, working 8 am – 4 pm, with occasional flexibility required as needed to meet customer needs
- Competitive compensation plan, commensurate with experience
- Growth opportunities
- Opportunity to work with a company with a strong industry reputation, and a well-established base of loyal customers
- Relevant technical knowledge – strong knowledge of pump equipment and mechanical seals
- Experience with sizing in the pump industry
- Strong mathematical skills, ideally coupled with a good understanding of the physics of fluid flow
- Previous technical sales experience would be considered an important asset.
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field (e.g. engineering) is an asset
- Valid G driver’s license with ability to travel within Southern Ontario and the Niagara region
In addition to these qualifications, you’ll be a great fit for this role if you have a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and willingness to learn. If you’re ready to continue growing your career in technical sales while working with a great team in a unique and exciting industry, we want to meet you.
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results. We encourage you to also send your resume and career history
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment and look forward to hearing from you.