PURPOSE OF JOB
To sort packaged orders ready for delivery by route and load CEXP delivery vehicles. Reports to Warehouse 2nd Shift Supervisor or Lead.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Check for sorting errors and report to supervisor.
• Sort packaged orders by customer and route.
• Load orders into delivery trucks.
• Operate warehouse equipment safely and efficiently.
• Tidy up shipping and receiving area on regular basis.
• As required, start delivery trucks in cold weather to ensure they will run smoothly and to check for possible mechanical problems.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Work cooperatively with peers and other departments.
• The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Willingness to take direction.
• Ability to understand digit coding and text.
• Must be a team player.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• Work in a warehouse environment.
• Work within time constraints in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to lift and move packages and parcels up to 70 lbs.
• Previous warehouse experience an asset.
• Minimum grade 12 education preferred.