Are you an experienced back-end software engineer looking for a new opportunity to challenge your skills and learn new technologies? Do you want to be excited to go to work every day? Do you have back-end skills and proven experience you can put to use immediately? Then, we are looking for you!
WHO WE ARE
We’re Ideal. Our mission is to be the data behind every talent decision to ensure accuracy, fairness and efficiency.
As a market leader and first-mover in talent screening and matching, Ideal has the opportunity to build and develop one of the most innovative and crucial products to solve an age-old problem today. We’re looking for a Back-End Software Engineer who aligns with our mission and vision, and who is excited to solve problems and roll up their sleeves!
Ideal has experienced explosive growth and major traction amongst some of the largest organizations in the world. We’re looking for someone with a magical combination of strong technical skills, passion and a growth mindset to help us build our products.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
- A minimum of 4 years working with back-end technologies, such as NodeJS, Python, C# and Java. And at least 2 years of experience working on a SaaS product.
- You are comfortable with writing and consuming REST APIs. Bonus if you have experience with SOAP.
- You have experience with complex SQL. We primarily use PostgreSQL.
- You have experience with other data stores such as Redis, DynamoDB, CouchDB, MongoDB
- You are at home developing inside a Linux environment.
- You have experience with configuring and using services in AWS.
- You have a high level of comfort using Git, Github, Git-flow, and the Agile development process.
- You have strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- You are able to define and implement standards for developing unit/integration/E2E tests
- You have experience developing and maintaining architecture and implementation documents for software features.
- You have (and like working with people who have) a passion for software development, and a huge passion for learning new technologies and techniques.
- Develop back-end architecture
- Designing and developing backend Restful APIs
- Troubleshooting and debugging real-world production issues requiring immediate resolution.
- Participating in code reviews with other teammates.
- Testing and maintaining code to ensure it is optimized, performs well and is high quality.
Investing in our team makes sense. That's why we provide:
- Company values that emphasize treating your team with respect
- An effort on building a diverse team and making all team members feel welcome
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Health Benefits
- Team lunches and social events
- Work from our office in the heart of downtown Toronto (post-COVID open again) or remote. It’s up to you!
- Access to education/career growth tools
- Your choice of gear
Why join our team
We are a fast growing company in which every team member makes a big impact from the start. Things change quite rapidly - which is exciting and challenging. The learning curve might be steep, but this creates room for employees to shine faster and brighter. There is a lot of room for professional growth and we are always encouraging the team to take every opportunity to grow and learn. We encourage creativity, passion and innovation, and care for the wellbeing of our team.
One final note before applying
We take pride in our diversity and being an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruiting process.
We value all of our applicants, but due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.