Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
As a Records Management Associate, you will be an integral part of a collaborative team focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers. If you are looking for a company that is constantly moving forward in pursuit of successful outcomes, get ready to love it here!
What you'll be doing
• Release of Information from the patient record to applicable healthcare providers involved in the circle of care and/or referral sources
• Provide information relating to the patient files to internal physicians and other healthcare providers involved in the circle of care
• Support and govern inpatient unit staff communication, to patient referral sources
• Prioritize workload to meet hospital and quality standards
• Recognize, interpret inconsistencies, discrepancies and inaccuracies in clinical reports and flag for clarification from the author, as needed
• Close and lock electronic patient charts
• Access patient record as needed for clarification and accuracy of data/information
• Comply with hospital, general business standards and completion requirements that apply to the patient record
• Perform support for the CIM Department as necessary
What we're looking for
• Health Office Administration Certificate or equivalent
• 6 months previous experience in a similar position
• Preferred bilingual
• Excellent knowledge of confidentiality and healthcare legislation
• Excellent skills in medical and psychiatry terminology
• Advanced proofreading and editing skills
• Proficiency computers and spreadsheet, database software
• Understanding of medico-legal implications and responsibilities of the record ensuring compliance with legislative standards and pertinent privacy practices
Why work with us
Homewood Health is Canada’s largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
Homewood Health Inc. is committed to ensuring that its teams reflect the diversity of our community and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. In accordance with the various provincial legislations that we operate under, Homewood Health is committed to working in collaboration with any team member who may require workplace accommodation in order to successfully perform any or all aspects of their role.
Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.