Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Future You wants to know – what is life at UPS really like? You’ll see that it’s about opportunity, teamwork, a supportive culture and benefits that help you become everything you’re envisioning right now.Explore the many ways UPS can enrich life for Future You. And if you’d like benefit information, find it with the specific job you’re looking for.
UPS Healthcare Canada is hiring an Industrial Engineering Tech Rep Supervisor.
UPS Healthcare, a Division of UPS, is a Third Party Logistics (3PL) provider offering a wide range of specialized Distribution and Transportation services in the healthcare sector.
Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar organization by focusing on the goal of enabling global commerce. Today, UPS is a global company with one of the most recognized and admired brands in the world. We have become the world's largest package delivery company and a leading global Third Party Logistics (3PL) and Transportation provider. Every day, we manage the flow of goods, funds, and information in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
The Tech Rep Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of specialists who are responsible for the optimization, configuration, implementation, support, and user training of our warehouse management systems (WMS). You will be responsible for the design, justification, and implementation of new system functionality to meet our client’s business requirements and facilitate efficient warehouse operations. You will be responsible for manage your team’s time to plan and resource initiatives and are responsible for reporting the financial impact of these initiatives. You have responsibility to develop your direct reports as professionals as they work to achieve their goals for advancement. UPS Healthcare offers many avenues for development of our professional workforce and we will encourage the successful candidate to take advantage of these opportunities.
You and your team will act in a process engineering role working with local and international counterparts from engineering, operations, IT, and quality groups to solve problems leveraging your knowledge as a subject matter expert on the UPS Healthcare WMS. The Tech Rep Team have responsibility to define optimal WMS functionality, test, train, and support new client implementations and new functionality deployments.
A successful candidate will be someone who is able to work and engage constructively and effectively with peers, co-workers and cross-functional teams. A successful candidate will be a driven individual who will search for process improvements, be able to convince stakeholders to adopt the changes, and want to see through development and implementation of their solution. They should be a conceptual thinker, detail oriented, and able to communicate complex ideas to audiences of varying ability. Experience with warehouse management systems an asset.
UPS Supply Chain Solutions offers a competitive compensation package including:
- Competitive base salary, stock ownership, stock purchase program, ownership incentive
- Competitive pension plan
- Competitive benefits package including vision, dental, and extended healthcare coverage
- Career development and progression opportunities across multiple business units and geographies
- Conduct business in a manner that reflects leadership habits and promotes UPS values of integrity, teamwork, quality and innovation.
- Resource planning & coordination to ensure that the Tech Rep team is able to support and achieve key accountabilities.
- Lead and develop a team of 2-5 Tech Rep Specialists.
- Implement WMS (warehouse management systems) configuration optimization to deliver positive quality and financial results.
- Identify and implement professional and technical development plans for direct reports.
- Design new and improved functionality. Design, test, and implement new strategic WMS functionality improvement projects & initiatives to deliver positive quality, operational, and financial results.
- New business implementation support. Participate in new client implementation business requirements gathering sessions. Translate and document contractual and business requirements into WMS configuration requirements to allow IT to configure the system to enable a successful implementation.
- Test planning, oversight and execution. Facilitate user acceptance testing with IT, Operations, Client and internal cross functional teams for material configuration changes, new functionality, and new business implementations.
- End user training. Conduct end user training on warehouse management system application functionality, optimal processes and best practices.
- Production support. Troubleshoot, root cause and resolve end user warehouse management application issues to ensure timely processing of volume and to support external service level commitments.
- Identify business needs and pilot new systems/technologies to support UPS transformation goals
- Time management skills including an ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Independent and able to work with limited supervision
- Set and meet aggressive goals
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of project planning and management fundamentals
- Ability to coach and develop others
- Apply logistics and supply chain knowledge
- MS Office suite including but not limited to; Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio, Project
- Ability to asses strategic business needs
- Working knowledge of warehouse management systems
- Working knowledge of Healthcare Warehouse distribution operations, processes, and systems
- Working knowledge of General Warehouse distribution operations, processes, and systems
- Working knowledge of GMP
- Experience with MS Project and Visio
- SQL experience
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor Engineering Degree from Canadian Accredited Program or international equivalent Preferred
- Management Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Systems Engineering disciplines preferred
- Work Experience: 3-5 years in Logistics / Supply Chain industry preferred
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.