Various casual, part-time, and full-time
May be required to work days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays and schedule may vary depending on operational needs
$24.0286 to $24.9337 hourly
As per CUPE LOCAL 822 Collective Agreement
Ongoing until filled
Are you looking for a dynamic detox attendant role that provides you the opportunity to work as a valued member of the Morningstar Centre team to support client’s healing journeys? The Unit Attendant supports people in their healing journeys by listening and providing primary care and case management services in a safe and comfortable environment. The Morningstar Centre supports personal change and healthy living by using a grass roots approach of meeting the client where they are at and working with the client in linking them with resources that can address the root causes and impacts of trauma, dysfunction, and addiction through western technologies of practice, traditional healing approaches combined with supportive counseling and referral.
- Diploma in addictions or social services, lesser academic qualifications may be considered provided they have completed acceptable coursework
- Current certification in CPR and First Aid
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Basic counselling and screening skills and the ability to observe and record appropriately
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of WHMIS
- Awareness of the local resources and Agencies providing social/health services to clients
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment
- Demonstrated basic computer skills, such as Windows, Outlook and Word
- Ability to organize and manage routine and administrative tasks as outlined
- Class G driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
- Reliable attendance record
- Knowledge of the Ojibway language and culture an asset
- Previous experience working in a withdrawal management centre an asset
Please apply through the online application process via https://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please prepare your application in accordance with the qualifications posted in the job advertisement. Applications will be screened based on the posted qualifications.
The LWDH is committed to diversity and inclusivity in our employment practices. We promote the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity with persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations, including alternative formats, are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 807-468-9861