The employer is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability.
The employer welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Boxing Canada is seeking a full-time Marketing, Communication & Events Manager. This dynamic, high-impact position reports directly to the Executive Director and works closely with staff, provincial and territorial boxing associations, committees, media, tourism partners, sponsors and other external stakeholders.
The Marketing, Communication & Events Manager will be responsible for planning, creating and delivering communications and marketing initiatives that support Boxing Canada’s goals and strategic plan as part of the overall integrated marketing and communications plan.
This position is full-time, starting as soon as possible and based in Montreal.
ABOUT BOXING CANADA
Boxing Canada is the national governing body for the sport of Olympic boxing in the country recognized by the Canadian Olympic Committee. The goal of Boxing Canada is to promote, organize and coordinate the sport of Boxing for the advancement of the sport and its members of all levels and ages. The organization’s vision is to inspire Canadians to make Olympic boxing a major sport and physical activity while striving towards Canada being a dominant nation internationally. For more information, visit www.boxingcanada.org.
• Maintain, manage and update Boxing Canada’s website (WordPress)
• Maintain media relations, and organize press conferences and other media activities for the organization and National Team athletes
• Create and distribute media advisories, releases and other communications.
• Oversee and organize the archiving of Boxing Canada’s content and documentation (photos and video libraries, news etc.)
• Communications with various stakeholders and funding partners
• Responsible for translation (English – French / French – English) of internal documents and communications, and oversee external translation requirements.
• Day-to-day brand social media lead, managing and executing content sharing through all Boxing Canada’s social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.)
• Content development and campaign management for the organization’s digital content strategy.
• Develop and execute of a comprehensive content and editorial plan to be integrated within a broader marketing/communications calendar
• Participate in planning, implementing, evaluating marketing strategies and plans aligned with Boxing Canada’s strategic plan
• Manage digital analytics and provide reports on web and social media metrics measuring against objectives including insights, commentary, and recommendations for ongoing strategy.
· Ensure brand standards of the Boxing Canada, its partners, and corporate sponsors are accurately reflected in all marketing and communication activations
• Organize special promotional and fundraising activities, and online merchandising
• Assist in development and implementation of the Boxing Canada’s Sponsorship Strategy
• Support existing sponsors and partners, and actively engage with new sponsor and partnership opportunities
• Assist in the gifting program
• Assist Boxing Canada’s events from the bidding process until the execution
• Assist in the development and execution of additional properties and projects
• Maintain and develop relationships with tourism stakeholders
• Coordinate and lead promotion for national and international events
Other job duties as required
• Special projects as may be assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• University or college graduation in a related field
• Minimum of 3 years demonstrated experience in office administration
• Enthusiasm for amateur sport
• Strong computer skills and experience working with digital tools and community management
• Graphic design capabilities are an asset
• Website (WordPress) and social media experience is essential
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
• Bilingualism (French and English) is a must
· Skilled at stakeholder engagement, participatory approaches and relationship management.
• Ability to respond to varied deadlines and work in an effective team environment as well as work independently
• Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, both as a team member and autonomously, with minimal supervision.
• Sense of humour
· This is a full-time permanent position
· Travel at given times
· Work some evenings and weekends
· Remuneration: salary competitively based on experience.
· Excellent benefits plan
Please send your CV with a letter of presentation to Roy Halpin (Executive Director) at email@example.com by May 7th, 2021.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest, but we will only communicate with the selected candidates for interviews.
Boxing Canada stands for diversity, inclusion and equity, and is committed to fostering free, fair, inclusive, and equitable environments, both on and off the ring. Boxing Canada is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks qualified individuals from under-represented and under-supported groups in Canada with demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience.