Come make a difference in a modern city, in full expansion, which is committed to its citizens. An environment where your creativity contributes to the realization of great stimulating projects promoting the well-being of the Lavallois. In addition to offering you career opportunities, you will be part of a large public organization with human dimension.
For his legal business department, the city of Laval is Looking for:
Avocado S - Litigation
The city of Laval is in great effervescence and its territory is in full development. The Legal Affairs Department proudly deals with all legal records to the city. As a lawyer or lawyer, you will represent the city in front of all the courts of common and administrative law and act, upon request, as legal advisor to the services of the city.
More particularly, you will be called to:
- Represent the city in front of all the courts of common and administrative law in the following areas: planning and urban planning, expropriation, municipal taxation , Civil Liability, Person's Law Access to Information and Environment;
- Act as legal advisor to the City's services;
- Manage diversified files;
- Writing Makes and Judicial Procedures;
- Negotiate off-court settlement agreements;
- Write legal documents of any kind for different services;
- perform legal research and ensure a lookout for recent developments;
- support and fuel the development of the legal knowledge of the organization.
The profile sought
- Be a rule member of the Quebec bar for at least six (6) years;
- relevant experience as av OCAT, particularly in terms of representation before the courts and settlement settlement;
- experience in municipal law constitutes an asset;
- demonstrate opening and motivating to work on Diversified topics;
- hold a good adaptability and be versatile;
- have an excellent legal sense;
- be skilled to express themselves and write in a clear, concise and precise way;
- be dynamic and capable of working under pressure;
- Be a team player.
Here's what we offer you:
- A work schedule to reconcile work and personal life;
- A salary established according to the years of Experience according to the applicable salary grid;
- The possibility of working in large files without having to worry about billing or customer development;
- a work environment nice, without paper and a place of e easily accessible work (1200 boul. Chomedey, Laval) Although now we are in teleworking until further notice.
The city of Laval is growing. It has more and more people, companies and organizations. This development brings great challenges and raises important issues.
In 2014, we launched the Recomendon Laval approach, which made it possible to develop the strategic vision of our city: urban nature in 2035. This vision is the compass which guides today the development today. Laval.
Work in the city of Laval is to believe in this vision. It is putting one's heart and ideas for the citizen service. It's rubbed dedicated people and shaping the present to build the future.
You too, take part in change!
Apply by April 9, 2021 at
The city of Laval applies a program to access equality employed. It values diversity and invites women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, Aboriginal people and people with disabilities to apply. For them, do not hesitate to share special arrangements. necessary, in the event that you are invited to a selection process.Apply for the job