What is the opportunity?
As an RBC Financial Advisor, you attract, nurture, and grow relationships with our high-value personal and small business clients by adding value in the moments that matter to them. You provide your clients with proactive, professional advice and collaborate with RBC partners to help clients with their goals and key life events. As an expert advisor, you contribute to strong sales and retention. Whether you are helping a client learn how to bank digitally, proposing an investment strategy to finance their child’s education or recommending how to borrow for their “Someday”, your expertise will contribute to creating meaningful and memorable client experiences.
What will you do?
- Communicate with clients to learn about their needs and help them achieve their goals
- Provide professional advice and education with an ability to address complex credit and investment needs, concerning both personal and business needs
- Collaborate with market-leading professionals in financial planning, retirement planning, mortgages, and business banking experts to ensure clients receive customized and targeted expert advice
- Leverage technology to deliver on client experience and drive solutions and retention
- Proactively take ownership of resolving and preventing client’s banking problems
- Implement contact and relationship building strategies, and support new client acquisition in local community
- Educate clients of the features and benefits RBC products and services offer, and help clients with digital, banking including mobile, ATM, and online banking
What do you need to succeed?
- Valid Mutual Funds accreditation (Investment Funds in Canada or Canadian Securities Course)
- Completed Certificate in Financial Services Advice, offered through the CSI (i.e. Personal Financial Service Advice and Financial Planning I)
- 2-3 years of proven sales experience in the financial services industry, handling credit and investments
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and maintain long-term client relationships
- Digital literacy across a broad range of devices (i.e., smartphones, tablets, laptops, etc.)
- Must be available for branch operational hours - 6 day operation.
- Fluency in a second language
- Active in the local community, developing a solid network in the local community
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Career development and top-notch sales coaching to take your career to the next level
- Competitive salary, annual bonus, and recognition programs that reward top performance
- Strong suite of tools, including emerging digital capability to enhance your competitive edge
- Opportunity to represent Canada’s leading financial services brand in your community
At RBC, the health and wellbeing of our employees and candidates is always our top priority.
COVID-19 has accelerated change across our workplace, including our hiring practices! As a result, throughout your application process, you may be asked to connect with us virtually, and may not be required to meet in-person. Our recruiters will explain how our video-interview technology will be used throughout the recruitment process, and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
You will be given the opportunity to work from home, if you can be fully productive, and role requirements including regulatory obligations can be satisfied. We are committed to supporting flexible work arrangements, investing in technology or other resources to enable you to work from home effectively, wherever possible.
Health & Safety
For employees that may be required to work from our premises, we’re doing our part to safeguard your health, and taking extra steps to reduce the spread of COVID-19. All RBC premises will allow for required physical distancing requirements, and new routines and resources such as hand sanitizer, antiseptic wipes, masks, or other protective equipment.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Branch and Home Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 05/16/2021
Req ID: 355256
Platform: Personal & Commercial Banking