- Role Description -
The Truck Driver/Handyman has a key role in ensuring that products are safely and efficiently transported between locations, including warehouses, customer homes, and in-store locations. This person also may be asked to perform additional maintenance tasks around the store. This position includes a lot of lifting and carrying. They execute home deliveries of various products using a 5-tonne truck.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Class 3 License required, CDL, air-brake endorsement, and clean driving record are assets. (Must be able to drive standard.)
- Uses the truck log/safety check in accordance with provincial legislation.
- Experience with basic building and repair skills an asset.
- Responding to and handling customer and staff inquiries, requests, and concerns in a timely manner.
- Perform customer carry outs of heavy/bulky product.
- Responsible for garbage disposal, cardboard recycling, and the disposal of broken products in accordance with store policy.
- Responsible for the safe operation of all warehouse equipment (forklift, skyjack, wave machine etc.).
- Abides by all health and safety programs and regulations.
- Core Competencies -
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Physically fit – ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Results oriented individual.
- Comfortable with technology.
- Ability to complete detail oriented retail tasks according to instructions and to demonstrate responsibility for outcomes.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment that provides assistance and support to co-workers to achieve common goals.
- Positive attitude, punctuality and solid work ethic.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Our Vision -
Canadian Tire Hillside is a locally owned business with an independent owner, providing a personal touch.
Our Vision is to build our business from the ground-up around innovation, leading to the best customer experience in Victoria.
Teamwork and Technology will be the driving force behind our success. Our systems and processes will ensure we are the destination to equip our customers with everything they need to enjoy the jobs and joys of life in Victoria.