Ceramist - Crown & Bridge
Protec Dental Laboratories Ltd. is a growing full-service dental laboratory located in Olympic Village area. We are seeking a dynamic individual to join our team in our Crown & Bridge Department. This is a position as a Dental Technician - Ceramist. The ideal candidate must have good communication and interpersonal skills, a natural curiosity and willingness to learn, and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment as a team player and independently.
What You Will Be Doing
- Assessing and adjusting for accurate fit of crown & bridge dental prosthesis on a model, including contact, margins and contour.
- Hand stacking of facial porcelain for aesthetics.
- Hand painting the full spectrum of tooth shades to the specifications and matching existing teeth.
- Applying final glaze layer and overseeing the accurate firing of the product at each stage required.
- Stain and glaze of milled zirconia restorations
What You Will Need
- Grade 12 education or equivalent
- A thorough understanding of tooth morphology, function and aesthetics
- Demonstrated knowledge and previous experience as a technician in a crown & bridge dental lab.
- Able to layer ceramics and shape teeth to correct morphology.
- Familiarity with lab equipment and environment; ensures that proper maintenance and safety procedures are followed.
- Willingness to learn about new products, manufacturing methods and technology in the dental industry.
- Extended healthcare including medical and dental
- A great team
- Lots of great eats in the neighbourhood
- 8-hour shifts ranging between 8:00am and 6:00pm
COVID-19 considerations: Protec staff must follow all COVID-19 safety protocols, which includes a mandatory mask-wearing policy in all common areas including their work stations. In the case of any staff being sick within the last two weeks, they must follow the recommendations set out by our Health Authorities.