By joining our team, your role as Junior Engineer will be to participate in engineering mandates in automation, instrumentation and control. Your role will be to contribute to various phases of engineering and site work. As such, you may be asked to help prepare proposals, technological choices and proposed solutions to clients. For this permanent position, we offer thepossibility of a permanent or temporary assignment (minimum of 2 years) at theLabrador city office with a return to our offices in the Greater Montreal areaafterwards.
Your tasks will include:
• Develop and maintain lasting client relationships.
• Listen to clients and meet their high expectations.
• Help establish the scope of projects.
• Be an integral part of an automation team and work in concert with other disciplines, draftsman for the realization of mandates.
• Participate in the commissioning.
• Prepare plans and specifications as well as detailed engineering deliverables (P&IDs, localization drawings, I/O, loop and motor control schemes, cable and instrument lists, installation details).
• Draft reports, specifications, including construction and procurement specifications, and calls for tenders.
• Prepare datasheets and select control instruments (flow, pressure, level) and valves.
• Provide technical assistance during construction work (electrical/instrumentation).
• Perform inspections or technical surveys on-site.
• Participate in programming (PLC, operator interfaces).
Client service component
• Interact with clients and provide technical support to the team in charge of business development.
• Establish and maintain client contacts.
• Establish client needs and identify new needs throughout the project.
• Participate in commercial and technical proposal preparation.
Work Schedule : 37.5
• Committed to the firm's success
• Business acumen
• Ability to make quality decisions
• Ability to develop direct reports and others
• Bachelor of Engineering in automated manufacturing, electrical engineering or other equivalent training
• 0 to 4 years of relevant experience
• Member of a Canadian professional engineering association
• Experience in design instrumentation and control
• Experience in Rockwell control system programming (PLC, HMI, VFD)
• Interest or relevant experience in automation and instrumentation
• Asset: Participated in the detailed engineering for a mining project or in the energy sector
BBA is committed to promoting diversity and employment equity. We thank you for your interest in our firm. Please note that only those candidates selected will be contacted.