Empower patients and impact the future of healthcare at PocketHealth — a fast-growing and venture backed startup. We're building a new, cross-functional IT & Deployments team capable of executing on North America-wide growth opportunities, supported by our all-star Patient Experience, Customer Success and Engineering teams. Be part of our IT & Deployments team as Application Specialist and help us make a difference for millions of patients and their families.
PocketHealth is a patient-centric platform that enables hospitals and clinics across North America to share imaging records digitally with patients, instantly and securely. Through our platform, we enable patients to be active and engaged participants in their own care, and take control of their care journey. In addition to patient sharing, which is the heart of the PocketHealth platform, we’ve grown our core functionality to also enable sharing between hospitals and physicians, as well as instant image retrieval and automated importing capability. Today, PocketHealth is a unified image management solution for over 500 hospitals and clinics across North America. We believe that by placing patients at the center of the record release process, data moves more ethically, easily and securely throughout the care journey, and we’re looking for passionate individuals to help make this vision a reality for millions more patients across North America.
Why Work at PocketHealth
PocketHealth is a mission-driven company and we want all members of our team to love working here. That means all employees enjoy:
- A ‘passion for the product’ culture and an opportunity to do good for the world with your skills. We directly impact patients’ lives every day with our product, and we’re looking for people that are looking to sell a product with purpose.
- Competitive compensation, including salary, great health benefits & equity in our rapidly growing company.
- 4 weeks paid vacation (that we make you take!).
- Regular 1-1s with your manager and the founding team. Your personal growth is a priority and we encourage regular goal-setting and career development discussions.
About the role
This is a full-time position located in downtown Toronto, reporting to the Manager, Technical Services. However, while COVID-19 measures are in place, this position will be a work-from-home role.
This isn’t your average Application Specialist role. We’re on the road to partnering with thousands of healthcare providers across North America, and ensuring they receive an amazing onboarding, implementation and support experience is key to our mission’s success. In support of our growth, we’re looking for highly technical, empathetic, organized and passionate individuals to integrate PocketHealth into the technical infrastructure of our hospital clients, and then support this infrastructure on a daily basis to ensure a high quality of reliability for their patient population.
Ideal candidates have a blend of technical expertise, exceptional people skills and strong project management skills.
In summary, our team will rely on you to ensure our hospital and clinic partners have an incredible experience with PocketHealth, from sign-up to go-live and beyond, amidst a stream of challenges.
That said, if you’re the type of detail-oriented individual we’re looking for, you probably want the specifics. Take a look below:
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Deploying New PocketHealth Installations:
- Joining implementation kick-off meetings (virtually) as they transition from the Sales team towards implementation scoping, planning and technical specifics.
- Work with various technical stakeholders at the client site from implementation planning to go-live, ensuring expectations are set appropriately and that providers have a great experience.
- Complete end-to-end implementations for Providers. This includes:
- Communicating technical requirements to client-side IT staff to facilitate the provisioning of install environments (e.g., virtual machines).
- Establishing remote access and guiding client-side IT staff to establish the appropriate connectivity between the provisioned client-side VM and their in-house systems (e.g., PACS).
- Remotely implementing and configuring PocketHealth applications within the provider environment
- Diligently performing and documenting pre go-live testing.
- Rapidly troubleshooting post go-live tickets and supporting client-side technical staff.
- Create and receive customer buy-in for technical deployment schedules with clear, key milestones, execute on these deliverables and maintain transparent communication of the implementation’s progress internally and externally.
- Be the key technical point of contact for ongoing implementations for members of our sales, customer success and engineering teams.
- Collaborate closely with our Customer Success team as they work on operational implementation tasks in parallel (e.g., staff training, patient/physician marketing, feedback sessions, etc.).
- Join post-go-live feedback sessions with the client to address technical concerns, share technical updates and relay required product improvements to the Engineering team.
Ensuring Success Post-Implementation (and Beyond):
- Working with our Patient Experience Team and Customer Success to perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of technology infrastructure and computing issues for end patient users as well as provider users (e.g., hospital staff).
- Monitors tickets assigned in the queue system and resolve in a timely manner
- Collaborate with the Engineering team to address and solve chronic (as in recurring or of a long duration) IT issues and concerns including the development of plans to address these matters.
- Play a key role in software development by presenting recommendations for improvement based upon insight gained through on-going involvement and support efforts.
- Monitor local and virtual infrastructure (terminal, application, control room, web servers etc.) and related services.
- Design and implement preventative maintenance programs for hardware, network, connectivity and related systems.
- Performs scheduled maintenance activities such as server reboot & software patching.
Above all, we are seeking a candidate with a demonstrated passion for helping others and who is excited by the potential for technology to create change in our healthcare system. That said, we are looking for a few key qualities and qualifications:
- Ability to write SQL queries required; Ability to use Looker (or willingness to learn).
- Thorough knowledge of relevant internal databases (e.g., MySQL, Mongo DB), BI applications and tools; ability to produce accurate high-quality reports and documentation.
- Strong knowledge of computer networking (TCP/IP, HTTP, Routing, DNS)
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to manage complex information, assess problems, and develop and effective solutions.
- Detail oriented, with ability to manage time and organize competing priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey complex information in a clear, concise manner.
- Outstanding organizational skills and an ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- A College/Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field (e.g., Information Technology, Computer Sciences or similar)
- Amazing written and oral communication skills.
- Passion and drive to make early providers successful
- High emotional quotient. You’ll need to set expectations with a high level of empathy and caring.
- Strong ability to handle a lot of moving pieces
- A process-oriented mindset
Bring Your Whole Self to Work
PocketHealth is truly an equal opportunity employer. It is part of our mission to empower patients and make healthcare accessible for everyone, and we know this can only be achieved with a diverse team of people that’s representative of the communities we serve. We strive to continue being leaders in diversifying the health tech space, and encourage applications from candidates with a variety of life experiences.
At PocketHealth, we care a lot about team culture, and from our company’s founding we have taken steps to make sure that this is a safe and comfortable working space where everyone can be their authentic self. We’ve built a culture where difference is valued, and inclusiveness is a reflex, not an initiative.
Powered by JazzHR