The Lillooet Hospital and Health Centre is looking for a Casual Administrative Services Assistant to join their team! If you hold an Office Administration Certificate, and can provide a 5 minute typing test of 40wpm or greater, we want to hear from you!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current Typing Test 40 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution;
• An Office Administration Certificate;
• A current valid BC Driver’s License;
• Your Resume;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position.
This position performs reception, administrative and Health Unit Aide support such as:
• Regular office and reception duties: Data entry, gathering, organizing, collecting, collating and verifying information, types correspondence, prepares presentations, arranges meeting, types agendas, takes and transcribes minutes, books travel, performs reception duties, record management;
• Schedules and confirms client appointments;
• Receives, records, checks and balances cash transactions;
• Maintains medical/surgical supplies, equipment and HCIS resource material;
• Clinical support - cleaning, setting up and dismantling rooms, cleaning/sanitizing toys and equipment, weighing and measuring babies, calibrating equipment, vision screenings;
• Cleans medical equipment and instruments;
• Delivering supplies and biologicals to health unit;
• Deal with clients who may be confused, anxious, angry or difficult.
Hours of work: Rotating day shifts; 08:00 to 16:30
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12
• Graduation from a recognized Office Administration Certificate Program, Plus
• One years recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a Typing Test at 40 wpm dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
• Current valid BC Driver's License
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to type at 40 wpm
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
• Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
• Ability to operate related equipment
• Ability to organize and prioritize
• Knowledge of general office procedures
• Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients
• Knowledge of nursing equipment
• Knowledge of sterilization techniques and procedures
• Business writing skills