DescriptionCynthia's Title: Int. Oracle PL/SQL developer to support development and testing for a new in-house accounting application.
Location: Downtown, Toronto
Duration: 12 months
Story Behind the Need:
Global Wholesale & Risk Technology's (GWRT) Global Transaction Banking team is seeking an experienced PL/SQL Developer to support development and testing for a new in-house accounting application. This application caters to P&L balancing and calculations for the bank's fiscal year end. This Database Developer will be responsible for all Oracle database aspects including database design, stored procedures and packages development in PL/SQL, unit testing and integration testing This position requires a strong self-starter with solid technical database programming background, performance tuning and any other database issues. They will partner closely with the .NET, Java developers to ensure the product is delivered with high quality and within agreed timelines, as well as collaborate with other teams to integrate with other systems.
Candidate Value Proposition:
Our client is currently undergoing a transformation period with new and exciting technologies and techniques being implemented to modernize the bank.
• Work with senior management, technical and client teams in order to determine data requirements, business data implementation approaches, best practices for advanced data manipulation, storage and analysis strategies
• Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions
• Design, implement, automate and maintain large scale enterprise data ETL processes
• Modify existing databases and database management systems and/or direct programmers and analysts to make changes
• Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications
Expertise and Skills
Nice To Have